Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Fate, Freedom, and Foreknowledge - Blog 5

I believe in freewill because you have the choice to do whatever you want. Back in high school, I was doing poorly in one class and needed to pass the final to pass the class. I was given the choice to either fail the final and go to summer school or study and pass the final to advance to the next grade. Same for Neo when he had to make a choice between saving his own life or Morpheus’. He then freely makes his choice later in the film. Schick says, “Even in a world where causal determination is true, knowing a prediction can lead us to its falsification.” I knew if I had not studied for that final I would have failed. Neo knew if he did not make the choice to save Morpheus, he would have died. Therefore, I think everyone has the freewill to do whatever he or she desire; you just have to have the will to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment