Sunday, September 20, 2009

Allegory of the Cave - Blog 1

In Socrates' cave, I would believe to be in the stage of being chained up inside. This is a direct reference to The Matrix, where people are living in a dream world and they only have the knowledge that this is their reality. I would be still at the stage of being chained up because that would be my reality. Being freed would just confuse and lose me from what reality is as I learned it. I know where I am because shackled between a fire and a wall watching shadow go by for long period of time is closest thing to reality around so I have grown accustom to it. In my life, something that was taught to me since I was very young is being a catholic. I was grown and accustom to being a catholic all my life, so I would be confused and reject any other religion. As if I were chained up in the cave, I know where I am and I know what my reality is. I believe that if you are taught something you are going to stick with that fact. I was taught to be catholic as a child so I stuck with it. Being chained in the cave watching these shadows pass by and being told that this was reality, I am going to stick with it because this is what I was taught and grown to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment